1. Create the template in the EHR if you has not done so. The template is as the following: "Birthday": "|DOB|", "Age": |AGE|, "Gender": "|PATIENT SEX|", "Race": "|PATIENT RACE|", "Height": "|LAST HEIGHT|", "Weight": "|LAST WEIGHT|",
"Creatinine": "|LAST LAB CREATININE 2|"
2. Run the template in a new EHR note or addendum.
3. Ctrl+A to select the data from the EHR.
4. Ctrl+C to copy or Ctrl+X to cut the data from the EHR.
5. Ctrl+V to paste the copied data into the textarea of the calculator. If the textarea is not empty before pasting, it is a safe practice to clear the textarea by clicking the Reset button.
6. Click the OK button to run the calculator.
7. Some times, the calculator does not work if the height and/or weight in the EHR were entered in error. In this case, you need review the EHR and determine what is correct. Then you have two options. 1). Manually modify the information you pasted to the correct information if you are comfortable to do so; and then try it again by clicking the OK button. 2). Switch to the calculator that needs inputted manually, try this
8. If no creatinine is available from the EHR, the calculator will not work.